Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter came Early...


For one little lucky duck.

B2 got a call this afternoon asking to speak with Mea. When she asked who it was, she was told that Mea had won first prize in the Local Shopping centre colouring competition. At first B2 thought it was a joke as we had seen some of the entries on the wall only yesterday and were sure that the ones that were obviously adult assisted would win.. that is normally the way, right?

Well this time, it appears that the theory was wrong.. as our little munchkins brightly coloured cadbury bunny and easter chick (in the photo) caught the attention of the judges and a prize of $120 worth of cadbury eggs and a stuffed cadbury easter bunny were all hers!!


She was as proud as punch as this picture easily depicts. She had centre management there when the customer service desk handed over her washing basket full of eggs... taking pictures that would be used in the shopping centre media and would also appear in the local newspaper.

I took George along (my little pocket rocket - camera), I know its not 30D though he does the job as far as I am concerned.. I handed him to Matt so that he could snap a few photos that we could scrap. The manager saw this photo that Matt took and asked weather they could use that instead of the shots they took of Mea, as part of their advertising. How cool was that!!!? Matts pic will also be the one they put in the paper.

It gets better... he has also been told that they will contact him closer to the opening of stage 2 of the shopping centre to be their official photographer!!!
Just think... that was all through a photo taken with George.. I wonder what opportunities could have risen if he had his "baby" back!? ~laughs~

Easter will be rather well sugar-coated here... sickly sweet with gooey caramel creme eggs (insert droolin' here), peppermint creme filled, caramello eggs and all the other wonders from cadbury, not to mention the eggs (very few) that the easter bunny will be delivering tonight. I had told the kids that this year, they would not be having much chocolate and instead, would be given gifts.. So much for that, huh!? ~laughs~ I guess they get the best of both this year!

I hope the easter bunny is good to y'all... Happy easter... Stay safe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to all of you and congrats to the lucky colorer. Is that a word? *laffs*

Congrats to You too, Matt.

Just a little bit Crafty said...

Since I have popped in to have a little looksie around your blog I thought I should say HI. I am a "Boxx" member too.
It's great that the shopping center picked a genuine "child" winner, congrats to Mea.
What do I like about your blog:
Love your Heading - amazing
Love your easy style of journaling - very entertaining
Love your choice of music
Cheers, Irene :)